Once again I’ve got another recipe for you all that sneaks extra goodness into those tiny toddler mouths. Today it’s Chocolate Chickpea Cookies for Toddlers. These are perfect treat for your kids and are packed full of fibre, protein and healthy fats. I’ve used a pretty specific nut spread in these from Mayver’s (please note that this is not a sponsored post, I just really dig their products) but I will add in substitutions if you can’t get a hold of that particular spread or you’d like to try making these nut free if you’re sending them to school, daycare or have a nut free household yourself. Best of all these are gluten and dairy free as well.
These cookies can be frozen and due to their ingredients are better kept in the fridge to prevent them from going bad too quickly.
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Mayver's Dark Chocolate Super Spread (OR natural peanut butter OR tahini (if nut free)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey OR maple syrup OR rice malt syrup
- 1/2 buckwheat flour OR brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa (only if not using the chocolate spread)
- Sesame seeds for decorating
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or high speed blender and blend until well combined.
- Place tablespoons of the mixture onto baking tray and flatten gently.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and place into oven for 15 minutes to bake.
- Place on a wire rack to cool. When cool, place into a sealed container in refrigerator. May also be frozen.