Ok so I’m just going to put this out there… does anybody else have a baby/toddler that’s a bottomless pit? I swear I have no idea where my daughter puts all the food she eats every day, sometimes her serving sizes rival mine at mealtimes. These days I feel like I’m on constant rotation making and freezing meals and finger foods for her, it’s like no matter how big of a batch I do, they disappear before my eyes.
These pear and zucchini mini muffins are one of my latest creations (and one of the most delicious). They are dairy free, wheat free and are sweetened only by the juiciness of the pears. Most importantly they are toddler approved and are the perfect on-the-go snack and the batch can be frozen so you always have some on hand. I won’t lie, they’re so delicious that I usually sneak one for myself too.
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive or macadamia oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 pears, peeled and grated
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease a 24 cup mini muffin tray
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a small jug, whisk together the eggs, oil and vanilla
- Make a well in the flour mixture and place pear and zucchini in the centre. Pour the egg mixture over the top and mix until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tray and bake in oven for 20 minutes