By now you’ve probably all heard of green smoothies and you will either be on board that green smoothie train or you’re sick of hearing about people putting things like spinach, kale and lettuce in their drinks.
Well I’m afraid I’m one of those annoying people that put green things in my drinks. I like it, plus they don’t change the taste if it’s done right and you get an extra hit of nutrition without even worrying about it. I do, however, promise not to bombard you with every green drink combination under the sun.
The combination of pear, mango and cashew in this green smoothie is perfect. It’s definitely one of my favourites. The green colour comes from the baby spinach which is a great source of iron and folate which is really important for anyone who is trying to conceive or is already pregnant. The addition of the cashews makes it deliciously creamy without the addition of any dairy and adds a dose of healthy fats and protein to help keep you feeling full. If you don’t have a high powered blender and are worried about the cashews just soak them in some water overnight to soften them up and they will blend much easier.
- 1 pear, cored and chopped
- 1 cup mango, diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 raw unsalted cashews
- 1 packed cup of baby spinach
- 2 cups filtered water (coconut water works great too)
- Place all ingredients in blender in the order they are listed
- Blend on high for 30 seconds
- Pour into glasses or a jar and serve
- If you don’t have a high powered blender you can soak the cashews overnight in some water to help soften them up and they will blend much easier