With the weather warming up around here I’ve been craving a lot of crisp, fresh salads. This pear, walnut and haloumi salad is one of my favourite go-to meals during the warmer months. The sweetness of the pear combined with the saltiness of the haloumi, the crunch of the walnuts and the acidity of the dressing all work perfectly together. Best of all, I usually have all these ingredients on hand and it’s really easy to throw it together when I don’t have a lot of time on my hands.
If you’re partial to a good pear or you have some at home that need to be used up don’t forget to try my other pear recipes Pear & Zucchini Mini Muffins, Pear & Strawberry Healthy Rice Pudding for Baby and Pear, Mango & Cashew Green Smoothie.
- 1 cup rocket (arugula), firmly packed
- 1 pear, cored and finely sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 5 slices haloumi
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Combine all ingredients into a small jar or container and shake until well combined. Set aside
- Cook the haloumi in a frypan on medium heat for a few minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Combine the rest of the salad ingredients and place the haloumi on top.
- Drizzle over desired amount of dressing and enjoy!
- If you'd like to bulk this salad up add some cooked chicken or quinoa for an added protein boost