I never really used to be a salad person. Before I began studying nutrition I always found them to be quiet boring and bland and would never make them at home or order them when I was out. As the years have gone on I’ve realised that there are so many delicious salad combinations in the world that are out there to be discovered and that there’s no need to eat boring garden salads.
This sweet potato, quinoa and blueberry salad is a new favourite in our household. I really love the idea of adding fruit into my savoury salads, they just add a wonderfully fresh element of sweetness that (in my opinion) makes them more delicious.
This salad makes the perfect side dish or can be made into a meal on it’s own, I like to bulk it up with some beef or chicken. It also makes the perfect salad for a BBQ, for Christmas lunch or for when you’re asked to bring a plate.
- 200g of salad leaves (I used a mix of spinach and rocket)
- 2 cups of sweet potato, cubed
- 2 tablespoons macadamia oil
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 punnet of blueberries
- 1/4 cup hulled tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Toss sweet potato in oil and spread on a lined baking tray. Bake for 30 mins or until potato is cooked. Remove and allow to cool.
- Toss all ingredients together.
- Combine dressing ingredients together in a jar and shake. Drizzle over salad when serving.