I’m back!!! Can you believe it?? After a much longer than expected blogging and social media hiatus I have finally made it back into the online world and it feels really really good. So much has been happening here whilst I’ve been gone – I went back to work, we bought our very first home, we moved and we’ve been focusing on settling into our new home and routine and doing plenty of work in our garden. We have quite a big, peaceful block that backs onto a national reserve and we are very slowly and excitedly learning a lot about growing our own food. We’ve already grown a whole bunch of fresh herbs, rocket, spinach, lettuce and strawberries plus there’s a whole bunch of tomatoes and cucumbers growing for the summer months ahead. We’ve planted lemon, lime and mandarin trees, there’s a blueberry bush and we are just gearing up to plant our passionfruit vine and some rhubarb. Millie has absolutely been loving getting out and helping us in the garden, she gets so excited when we got out to pick fresh food and bring it in to use in our meals, even if the strawberries never quite make it all the way inside ;).
Even though my extended break from the online world was rather refreshing I’ve also been missing it immensely, I really love this little space and sharing my favourite family recipes with you all so I’m really going to try and commit to showing up here every week.
Today I’m sharing my recipe for Tandoori Chicken Wraps with Tzatziki and Green Salsa. I love this recipe because it’s so quick and easy, the whole family loves it and it’s great during the warmer months for lunch or dinner, there’s minimal prep and cooking time and it can even be made on the BBQ.
The tzatziki can be made ahead and kept in the fridge while the chicken is marinating and also doubles as a delicious dip for veggie sticks. I like to lay out all the wrap ingredients on the table and let everyone make up their own wraps, you can even pop some hot sauce on the table for the adults. For the toddlers I like to make a little ‘deconstructed wrap’ plate with some salsa, chopped up chicken and some tzatziki.
- 500g free-range or organic chicken tenderloins (if you’ve got big eaters you may want to do 700g-1kg just to make sure you’ve got enough, don’t worry about making extra marinade, it will still be enough to cover it)
- 1/4 cup tandoori paste
- 2 tbs natural yoghurt
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup coriander
- juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- 1 tbs dill (extra if you really like dill)
- 1 pack mini tortillas (you can use any wraps you like but we really like tortillas)
- Salad greens (think baby spinach or lettuce or mixed greens, whatever you have handy)
- Lime wedges
- 1. Place the chicken into a bowl with the tandoori paste and yoghurt and mix until the chicken is thoroughly coated in the mixture. Cover and place into the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. For the tzatziki mix together the sour cream and yoghurt until smooth. Then add all the other ingredients and stir to combine. If you’re not ready to serve yet cover and pop it in the fridge to let all the flavours combine.
- 3. Mix all the salsa ingredients together and set aside.
- 4. Heat up a frypan to medium-high heat, add some olive or coconut oil and fry the chicken for 2-3 mins on each side or until cooked through.
- 5. Assemble your wraps with some salad greens, salsa, chicken, drizzle over some tzatziki and and pop an extra squeeze of lime juice and enjoy!
- You can make the tzatziki ahead of time when you’re marinating the chicken, that way you only have to throw the salsa together while the chicken is cooking.
- I like to set up all the ingredients for the wraps on the table and let everyone make up their own.
- A deconstructed wrap with some salsa, chopped up chicken and tzatziki works well for the little ones.